Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety and depression can really limit your life.
In today’s busy lifestyle learning to manage stresses will assist your health and well-being and result in a calmer, more balanced lifestyle which leads to a happier much more enjoyable way to live.
Some examples of what hypnosis can help with in regards to stress/anxiety/depression:
- Feeling a lack of control
- Money worries.
- Workplace pressure.
- Relationship issues.
- Parenting challenges.
- Caring for a loved one.
- Panic attacks/ anxiety.
- Studying/ exams.
- Situations that we feel unconfident about.
- Fear of failure.
- Lacking motivation.
- Health concerns. Etc, etc………..
A helpful key to remember is that these things are not the cause of stress but for some people they are stress triggers. It is the meaning that we give them and how we respond to that, which creates how we feel.
Stress in our lives can serve a purpose of positive response assisting us to escape or confront a threat, however most of us tend to focus on the negatives of the impact of stress. Our body responds to this by releasing hormones and other substances into the blood stream which makes the body react in many different and varied ways. Some people express stress by showing anger, some people go quiet, some people withdraw from society, some people overeat, some people cannot keep their mind focused, some people have panic attacks and so on.
- If the original stress trigger continues the body begins to produce hormones that increase the body’s blood sugars and blood pressure, causing us to feel tired, overwhelmed, foggy etc.
- If the person becomes exhausted, the adrenal glands become over used and are unable to produce the hormones that are needed to cope with the situation. We can then find ourselves with less tolerance of stress triggers, gradual mental and physical exhaustion and more serious illness may then be a result.
Some Associated Symptoms of Stress may be:
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Feelings of anxiousness, nervousness, irritability.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling tired and worn out for no apparent reason.
- Feeling less interested in your sex life, less motivation for the things you used to do.
- Feelings of dread, sadness, hopelessness or depression.
- Experiencing difficulties in sleeping.
- Tension in your neck, shoulders and/or jaw area.
- Difficulties in concentrating and making decisions.
- Experiencing sweating palms, pounding/racing heart.
- Relying on caffeine, alcohol or smoking.
- Experiencing frequent headaches.
- Getting colds or bugs more often than you used to.
CREATING CHANGE- Dealing with the stress triggers.
There are some stresses that we can’t control, however, there is still a lot we can do to reduce our stress triggers, illuminate them or become more resilient towards them.
- We can engage in self care activities- walking on the beach, massage, healthy eating etc.
- We can do this by changing the way we think about it and/or dissolve the negative feeling that is produced.
- We can become more physically active, learn relaxation skills, find a hobby we enjoy etc.
- By using the body’s innate ability to heal itself and regulate itself through natural therapies, giving the mind and body the direction it requires to heal.
By using hypnosis we have the opportunity to present some new positive ideas to your mind which may give them an opportunity for promotion, therefore creating tools for a desired change.
Please enter your details below or call me to discuss any question you might have – 0402-454-951
“People say to me, "What have you been doing?" I have returned to my pre-baby weight and feel years younger. I was emotionally eating but by getting my mind focused on health, I am back in control of my life and feeling great. Hypnotherapy and Non-attachment therapy address the cause of the unhealthy behaviour. The best things is, no more yo-yo weight or diets. I have made a lifestyle change and have never felt better. I've been sending a lot of my friends, who have struggled for years with weight in to see Lorina. They are thanking me now.”
“My daughter has her life back. After suffering from Bulimia which has caused her to isolate and miss so much school, she is now reconnecting with her friends and improving her grades. More importantly she is feeling good about herself again and looking healthier than she has in years. My daughter found Lorina easy to talk to and said, "She really cares Mum,". I feel like I have my daughter back.. Thank you Lorina.
“My life was becoming smaller as anxiety seemed to be claiming so many of my choices and freedoms. I was house bound and afraid to drive. I hadn't been out with friends for almost two years. I had cut back to half of my hours at work and my decreased income had caused more restrictions in my life. Then I heard from a friend about Lorina and Hypnotherapy. I had several sessions over the course of a few months and am now on just the occasional session, called a "Top up". My life has changed in all kinds of positive ways. I wish I had gone to Lorina earlier. The mind really is controlling our body. I am so grateful to have my life back.”
“My golf game has been a bit hit and miss until I went to see Lorina. Her positive encouragement and hypnotherapy sessions helped me to find my accuracy, self belief, focus and the enjoyment of the game that I have been missing. I'm going from strength to strength. This, hypnotherapy, is my secret weapon.”
“Sleeping issues really do interfere with the quality of your life. I have had problems staying asleep ever since I had radiation therapy. I am not as young as I once was and want to get this sorted so I can enjoy this time of my life without drugs. I plan to travel and was afraid to fly but after my sessions with Lorina, I now send her sms's telling her how much I enjoy my freedom to see the world. It's such a gentle therapy for all ages, even my granddaughter has had a couple of sessions. During these session I just love the relaxation and as a result, the freedoms it adds to my life.”